IF I WERE YOU has a brand new cover and is available in WALMART stores NATIONWIDE beginning TODAY! This is a limited edition mass market paperback and 99% of the paperback copies can only be found in WALMART stores. To celebrate I’m hosting a HUGE giveaway! You can enter to win:
- $500 gift card (winner’s choice!)
- INSIDE OUT prize basket (full set of SIGNED INSIDE OUT books)
- 20 Chris Merit and Tote Bag sets
ENTER TO WIN BELOW!
ABOUT THE BOOK
This is book 1 in the INSIDE OUT series, previously published with a different cover. The INSIDE OUT series, is currently in development for TV with Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland, Must Love Dogs, The Boiler Room, Austin Powers and more!). To read more about the show and to get ready for a BIG update soon, please visit the series page.
How It All Started…
One day I was a high school teacher on summer break, leading a relatively uneventful but happy life. Or so I told myself. Later, I’d question that, as I would question pretty much everything I knew about me, my relationships, and my desires. It all began when my neighbor thrust a key to a storage unit at me. She’d bought it to make extra money after watching some storage auction show. Now she was on her way to the airport to elope with a man she barely knew, and she needed me to clear out the unit before the lease expired.
Soon, I was standing inside a small room that held the intimate details of another woman’s life, feeling uncomfortable, as if I was invading her privacy. Why had she let these items so neatly packed, possessions that she clearly cared about deeply, be lost at an auction? Driven to find out by some unnamed force, I began to dig, to discover this woman’s life, and yes, read her journals—dark, erotic journals that I had no business reading. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. I read on obsessively, living out fantasies through her words that I’d never dare experience on my own, compelled by the three men in her life, none of whom had names. I read onward until the last terrifying dark entry left me certain that something had happened to this woman. I had to find her and be sure she was okay.
Before long, I was taking her job for the summer at the art gallery, living her life, and she was nowhere to be found. I was becoming someone I didn’t know. I was becoming her.
The dark, passion it becomes…
Now, I am working at a prestigious gallery, where I have always dreamed of being, and I’ve been delivered to the doorstep of several men, all of which I envision as one I’ve read about in the journal. But there is one man that will call to me, that will awaken me in ways I never believed possible. That man is the ruggedly sexy artist, Chris Merit, who wants to paint me. He is rich and famous, and dark in ways I shouldn’t find intriguing, but I do. I so do. I don’t understand why his dark side appeals to me, but the attraction between us is rich with velvety promises of satisfaction. Chris is dark, and so are his desires, but I cannot turn away. He is damaged beneath his confident good looks and need for control, and in some way, I feel he needs me. I need him.
All I know for certain is that he knows me like I don’t even know me, and he says I know him. Still, I keep asking myself — do I know him? Did he know her, the journal writer, and where is she? And why doesn’t it seem to matter anymore? There is just him and me, and the burn for more.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you want a SIGNED copy of this special edition paperback, please follow the instructions below:
- Buy a copy of the mass market, newly covered IF I WERE YOU (this is the only book I am signing right now, I may do more open signings in the future, but for now this is the only book you may send)
- Ship the book to my PO Box:
Lisa Renee Jones
3472 Research Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Please include a note with the following: your address (in case the outside label is damaged), and who you would like the book signed to
- I will sign, and ship the book back as fast as possible. Since there is no limit to how many people can send books, it may take up to 6-8 weeks as I will be travelling and I am on deadline at the moment, but I will sign every copy of the new IF I WERE YOU I am sent.
- You may send up to 3 copies of the book in one package, but if they are to be signed to different people please indicate so on your note.