New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.
Since beginning her publishing career in 2007, Lisa has published more than 40 books translated around the world. Booklist says that Jones suspense truly sizzles with an energy similar to FBI tales with a paranormal twist by Julie Garwood or Suzanne Brockmann.
Prior to publishing, Lisa owned multi-state staffing agency that was recognized many times by The Austin Business Journal and also praised by Dallas Women Magazine. In 1998 LRJ was listed as the #7 growing women owned business in Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Lisa’s first effort at writing won the Romantic Times Aspiring Author contest and went on to be published by Five Star, the largest library publisher in the world.
- Lisa’s series romance have frequently hit the top 100 for Bookscan.
- Lisa’s books have been published in more than fifteen languages, and with the debut of her INSIDE OUT Series that number is growing rapidly.
- Lisa has not only published with NAL, Sourcebooks, Kensington, Berkley, Ellora’s Cave, and numerous small presses, she is a successful indie author. Just her Vampire/Werewolf series.
- Lisa’s Tall, Dark, and Deadly series alone have sold more than 500,000 indie copies and spent 10 weeks on the USA Today list and 8 weeks on the New York Times
- The Secret Life of Amy Bensen released as self published titles, and while it was self published, hit the USA Today List for 12 combined weeks and the NY Times list. It’s now been sold to Gallery Books.
- Before becoming a writer, Lisa was the successful CEO of a multi-state staffing agency with many awards to her name as a female leader in business. In 1998 her company was name the top 7 woman owned growing business by Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Booklist says: Jones’ suspense truly sizzles with an energy similar to FBI tales with a paranormal twist by Julie Garwood or Suzanne Brockmann. Alpha, military, and paranormal romance readers will want Jones’ entire series.
Lisa on Publishers Marketplace: www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/lrenj/
Indie books phenom Lisa Renee Jones’s INSIDE OUT series, pitched as 50 Shades of Grey meets Basic Instinct, to Micki Nuding at Gallery, in a major deal, in a three-book deal, with Gallery re-issuing the first book in the series as an ebook on September 13, 2012, by Louise Fury at L. Perkins Agency (world). Film rights: Shari Smiley(recently sold Gone Girl which has Reese Witherspoon attached). — Publishers Marketplace
Lisa Renee Jone’s INSIDE OUT Series is making waves in the USA and across the world. She has signed partnerships with Storage Treasures (in association with Storage Wars), Adam and Eve, and there are more coming!
The release of Lisa Renee Jones’s first book in her INSIDE OUT Series — IF I WERE YOU — as an indie book August 24th was followed by a negotiated sale to Simon and Schuster only three days later, and inked on September 12th. In the short window of time the story was released it climbed to Barnes and Nobles top 100 and broke the top 50 at Amazon, while garnering more than 2500 reviews at Goodreads. Inspired by a journal her fiancee found when buying and selling storage units (yes like the show but before the show) Lisa calls this her SHADES OF GREY meets BASIC INSTINCT. Why Shades of Grey? The dark, damaged characters and passion. Why Basic Instinct? Because the main character Sara finds an erotic journal and begins to read. Sara becomes as obsessed with the writer of the journal as the writer is with the two men in the journal, and they with her. She seeks out the woman to be sure she is safe and becomes absorbed in her life, where she meets two powerful men — one of which draws her into an intensely passionate affair. Simon and Schuster has re-released IF I WERE YOU in e-book and is coordinating the print release of the entire trilogy for early 2013. Sales to at least seven foreign markets, several with pre-empts and auctions, with the intent it be released as the next 50 shades. In almost all cases the series has sold to the 50 shades publishers.
Articles & More
- Lisa on the cover of Romantic Times Magazine in July 2014
- Lisa at USA TODAY HEA blog:
- 12 authors introduce us to their 1001 Dark Nights (February 13, 2014)
- Journal from a storage unit sparks a book series (June 19, 2013)
- Interview: Lisa Renee Jones, author of If I Were You (March 12, 2013)
- Interview: Lisa Renee Jones, author of If I Were You (August 23, 2012)
- Lisa at BWW Books
- Lisa at the 50 Shades Examiner
- Interview at Book Bash 2013 in Orlando, Florida:
- Perez Hilton (July 2012) — If You Love 50 Shades Of Grey …
- The Reading Cafe (November 2012) — An Interview with Lisa Renee Jones
The Reading Cafe is happy to have the fantastic Lisa Renee Jones as our guest today.
- Shut Up and Read (September 2012) — Author Interview with Lisa Renee Jones
I’d like to welcome Lisa Renee Jones to the blog today!
- 50ShadesOfGrey.com (September 2012) — Romance Novel Follow Up
Spotlight On Lisa Renee Jones “If I Were You” — In our effort to keep 50 Shades fans up to date, we are also covering other romance novels that our fans like. On September 5, we wrote about a new breakout novel called “If I Were You”. Readers responded to our story in impressive numbers. Thank you! This site is primarily devoted to 50 Shades, but we feel it is effective to share some of our favorites with you too.
- Fiction Vixen Book Reviews (September 2012)
- Unwrapping Romance (August 2012)
- Talk Supe (August 2012)