This week’s recipe from Rae is Puerto Rican Beans! Keep stopping by on Monday’s when we’ll have another new recipe and giveaway posted!
PUERTO RICAN BEANS
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (15.5 OZ.) can pink beans
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 package sazon, (can be found in an orange box in Hispanic isle)
- 1 tablespoons sofrito, (can be found in a jar in Hispanic isle)
- 7 green olives, (can be found in Hispanic isle, I use Goya salad olives, pitted Manzanilla, olives and pimientos)
- 2 cubed medium potatoes
- 1 can water, (use the tomato sauce can)
- Cooked rice, to serve beans over
- Put oil in a deep saucepan, on low/medium add sofrito. Cook 1 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, sazon, olives, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add drained beans, potatoes and water.
- Cook to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve over rice
Do you like traditional Puerto Rican food? Or have a recipe in mind that could use a new Caldero? Enter to win a IMUSA Cast Aluminum Caldero for yourself or to give to someone as a gift! Good Luck and Thanks for entering!! a Rafflecopter giveaway